Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Thoughts regarding the learning outcomes for our class

I’ve been thinking about our final project all week and noticed that I found myself almost confused about what’s old vs. new media. I think that we are in an era where the two are still being used nearly equally (at least in my world) so I had to take a step back and reflect to separate the two from each other. In my reflection, I noticed that I still carry around a planner where I write all the things I have to do but I also constantly use my reminder app on my phone to help me remember all the things I have to do. Another thing I noticed in my reflection was that by working HR I’ve been able to see how we used our LinkedIn page to recruit but we are still paying for our ads to be placed in the Sunday’s paper and this showed me how we are still using old and new media.

So in thinking about what do I want to learn in New Media Studies I think that it would be great to learn new tools that can show me how much better it would really be to use more new media in general as opposed to old media and I would like to learn how much more effective is that if it really is more effective. I hope to learn new skills that I can put into practice with my academic, work, and personal world. More importantly, I would love if what I learn in this class could somehow be incorporated with my thesis work. I’m not sure yet if it’s possible but I would like my thesis to end up being in a digital form rather than just a 30 page paper. So I’ve I can learn new tools here or just expand my knowledge about new media then that would be helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment